[Xapian-discuss] Xapian on AMD64

Christiano Anderson anderson at pegasus.eti.br
Thu Aug 4 15:54:17 BST 2005

Em Qui, 2005-08-04 às 15:30 +0100, James Aylett escreveu:

> Does ``make check'' pass for xapian-core?

I didn't run make check yet, just backported the deb packages for AMD64.
I will run make check and reply if get any problem.

> That's not a fair comparison. How does it stack up against a 32bit
> Xapian on the same machine?

I don't have real numbers yet, the machine has been installed today and
I am running Xapian on this machine for a short period of time. I am
collecting some data as CPU, memory and IO usage on 64bit and after that
I will repeat the tests on the same machine, but running a 32bit OS.

Since I am not expert on Xapian, what kind of information should I get
to make a good benchmark?

Cheers