[Xapian-discuss] Ideas for faster DB searching

Tony Lambiris tony at kozoru.com
Thu Dec 1 22:05:12 GMT 2005

We at work recently built an raid level 0 in an Apple Xraid, have it
mounted under Linux 2.6 with noatime options... is there any other
general recommendations for speeding up Xapian DB searching? Is there
anything I can store in memory for faster lookups? Also we have a bunch
of seperate DBs (one per day, each one ~100k documents)... is it
recommended to just have one big DB? To span across 10 DBs with a 2 word
search query takes about 25-30 seconds.

Any insight is greatly appriciated.