[Xapian-discuss] identifying matched terms

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Dec 2 00:51:04 GMT 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:27:32PM -0800, Jason Toffaletti wrote:
> I'm having trouble finding information on how to identify which terms
> within a document triggered a match for a query. I'd like to use this
> information to highlight the terms when displaying query results to a
> user, much like how gmane or google do. Is there an API for this
> purpose?

Yes:

http://xapian.org/docs/apidoc/html/classXapian_1_1Enquire.html#a18

Hmm, it seems you should really be able to call methods on an
MSetIterator to get this information - the Enquire class isn't the most
logical place for them.  I'll have a look and see if there's a good
reason why this is part of Enquire.