[Xapian-discuss] Indexing database to work with Omega

Rafael Jorge rafaeljsg14 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:50:31 GMT 2005

Hi, I've been read this thread
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.general/1475 but it can't
help me, I'm trying to write a script (C++) that read 1000 rows from a
database (postgresql) and put this in the database of xapian, like this
"algorithm":

1 - Read 1000 rows from table
2 - Replace all no printable characteres (like ".:></[]" etc) for ' '
(space)
3 - Replace '  ' (double space) into ' ' (unique space)
4 - Open xapian database, and create a variable to Xapian::Document
5 - For each row split the text into words using ' ' (space) as delimiter
6 - For each word insert into document (doc.add_postiing(word,index))
7 - Clean up the document, and back to 5, until finish rows
8 - Close database

I'm doing only this, I read the omindex.cc, but I can't understand,
Someone please help me!!
Thanks

(Sorry about bad english, I'm Brazilian)
--
SDM - www.Garimpar.com/noticias
http://sdm.zapto.org/