[Xapian-discuss] New QueryParser!

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Fri Jan 28 15:34:40 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:19:54AM -0500, Eric B. Ridge wrote:

> >-1 on this - that's really something that lots of people /won't/ want.
>
> Why?  For those of us that don't use Omega having something builtin
> that we can use to index text documents into terms that match what the
> QueryParser parses makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm not saying let's not have it; I'm saying I don't think it should
be in core. We need to try to hit an balance in core between stuff
that isn't needed in every situation but is more hassle if we split it
off. I personally can't see myself using this often, because most of
what I deal with is structured or partially-structured to start off
with - so something I can feed text to isn't terribly handy.