[Xapian-discuss] Python bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jun 16 23:01:40 BST 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 06:09:51PM +0100, James Aylett wrote:
> Same behaviour with CVS xapian-core and CVS xapian-bindings on
> ixion.

I guess you mean SVN not CVS?

Anyway, I can reproduce it.  I've not yet worked out why this has
stopped working, or indeed quite what is going on at all.  Regenerating
with SWIG 1.3.22 didn't seem to help.

I think I'll try to find a Xapian+SWIG comibination which it does work
with, then look at what's different.

> (Incidentally, xapian-core isn't passing checks for me

Odd - the tinderbox builds on ixion are passing checks.  What fails for
you?

> xapian-bindings we need to do some work on autodetection because guile
> is failing nastily and I had to manually disable it.)

I'm wondering if we should just disable guile.  The chap working on it
had his laptop hard disk die.  Last I heard, he was going to spend the
weekend tring to coax useful files off, but that was some time ago so
I assume he didn't manage to.

I had a fiddle ages ago, but I don't really know guile at all and
trying to learn a language by getting C++ bindings working for it is
quite hard!