[Xapian-discuss] Building on Windows

Craig Lee Craig.Lee at noetix.com
Wed Jun 8 19:32:25 BST 2005

I will try attaching that file.

cl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olly Betts [mailto:olly at survex.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:28 AM
To: Craig Lee
Cc: xapian-discuss at lists.xapian.org
Subject: Re: [Xapian-discuss] Building on Windows

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 11:14:48AM -0700, Craig Lee wrote:
> d. I then realized that my $HOME path had a space in it, so I re-ran
> configure with --prefix=/home/calee (after creating that directory
> under cygwin/home).  I get the same FIND errors.

People have built Xapian successfully on cygwin.  The last success
report anyone sent me was:

  x86   | Cygwin 1.5.10 GCC 3.3.3 XP sp2 |~0.8.4 |Passed| [4] from Mike
Boone
  [4] Fails to build if there are spaces in the full path to the
directory.

(~0.8.4 means CVS shortly before the 0.8.4 release).

I guess we should check for spaces in the paths that can't be handled so
we give a more helpful error message.  (This restriction is from
autoconf/automake/etc incidentally, though I think it might come from
limitations in make).

What does "config.log" say?