[Xapian-discuss] creating a database that's compatible with omega

Sig Lange sig.lange at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 00:35:44 GMT 2005

Great, that clear things up quite a bit. It really is quite unclear to
someone like me, You say values, so I natually think
xapian.Document.add_value(..), but infact I read it again and again
after it didn't work. I realized I needed .set_data(). I guess the
only way to clear this up in the docs is to perhaps say what functions
are used to set these attributes, or give examples of what *kind* of
data is stored in that particular space. What really got me was omega
seemed to do everything it could to fill in the gaps when displaying
the query results. setting .set_data() actually set sample=<...> where
as I never really set sample=<...>.  Some documents had titles but
most were untitled. Once I become more familiar with xapian i'll try
to bring together some helpful information.

Thanks everyone.