[Xapian-discuss] Relevance wdf

roki roki rokiroki at gmx.net
Fri Mar 18 13:26:27 GMT 2005

Hi there,

I am trying to use Xapian in combination with Perl but I have some
difficulties with sorting results.
I am adding postings with wdf number which depends on position and format of
term eg $doc->add_posting("marketing", 1, 50);
When i search for "marketing" i expect that document with biggest wdf come
as first but it does not work this way.

delve ... -v  -t marketing.|head  produces:

so I except to see as results
12
13
8
17
..

but i get as result:
ID 8 100%
ID 17 99%
ID 15 99%
ID 13 99%
ID 5 99%
ID 1 99%
ID 12 99%
ID 4 99%
ID 2 99%
ID 20 99%
ID 10 99%
ID 7 99%
ID 6 99%
ID 19 99%
ID 11 99%

Is it possible that get desired result with Xapian?

Thanks!
Roki

--
"Happy ProMail" bis 24. März: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
Zum 6. Geburtstag gibt's GMX ProMail jetzt 66 Tage kostenlos!