[Xapian-discuss] Relevance wdf

roki roki rokiroki at gmx.net
Fri Mar 18 16:49:59 GMT 2005

Hi James and Richard,

first I want to thank you for incredible fast response!

> If you add a dummy term you never search over with a wdf such that all
> document lengths are the same, that might do it. However it will stop
> the normal relevance mechanism from working, and will probably cause
> you other problems further down the line.

This solution did the job. Thanks!

> What are you actually trying to achieve? There may be other approaches
> worth considering.

I want to give some terms in the html document more weight (eg <b></b> or
<h></h>) then normal terms.

Richard: BM25Weight looks like right solution but I am using Perl and this
method is not available in perl module.

Thanks!

--
"Happy ProMail" bis 24. März: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
Zum 6. Geburtstag gibt's GMX ProMail jetzt 66 Tage kostenlos!