[Xapian-discuss] Q prefix / Unique ID not being found

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 20 21:29:06 GMT 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 09:11:46PM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> (I'm having difficulties with PHP. However since the current bindings
> don't build at all, if I can't resolve it I'll probably commit the
> changes anyway, as I don't think the PHP issues are my fault :-)

What SWIG version are you using?  Our PHP bindings are broken by recent
SWIG overloading changes.  I think the bug is in SWIG, but Sam (who's
the SWIG PHP maintainer) is too busy to investigate.  So for now I'm
using swig 1.3.22 for PHP and 1.3.24 for everything else.

Hmm, actually, there's a second problem which you might be hitting.  If
the error message mentions zend, it's probably a SWIG PHP bug uncovered
by a recent change in Debian's PHP packages.  I attached a patch to the
relevant bug is Debian's BTS and the Debian maintainer's accepted it so
so this should at least be fixed in Debian soon.  He's also forwarded it
upstream so hopefully they'll apply it too...