[Xapian-discuss] Xapian and quartz scalability - feedback of current users

Arjen van der Meijden arjen at glas.its.tudelft.nl
Tue Mar 22 12:13:23 GMT 2005

Olly Betts wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 12:42:42PM +0100, Alexandre Dulaunoy wrote:
>
>>How is the updating handled to provide continuous services ?
>
> If you aren't so concerned with new content being searchable right
> away, it's simpler to build the database, run it through quartzcompact
> and then add it to those searched.

Does that handle updated documents? I.e. a document in the old database,
that needs to be replaced with one in the new database. Would one need
to specify a private document ID to achieve that, or will a
scriptindex-style unique boolean suffice?
And document deletes?

Would compacting an addition to an already compacted database be faster
than compacting to a normal database?

If both updates and deletes are handled with the combination
scriptindex+quartzcompact I'm certainly going to investigate it for
future use.

Best regards,

Arjen