[Xapian-discuss] Xapian related talk at PyCon

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Wed Mar 23 10:16:49 GMT 2005

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 09:02:28AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:

> For anyone attending PyConDC2005, I noticed Michael Salib is giving a
> Xapian related talk which sounds interesting:
>
> http://python.org/moin/PyConDC2005/Presentations#69

Cool. It's a good sign when people just go off and use stuff. :)

(I still get a strange feeling sometime when people reference PuTTY in
a throwaway fashion. Turns out the guys doing the HPC facility at the
University of Nottingham got the heads of schools onside not by a
flashy demonstration or a nice GUI interface, but by taking PuTTY to
them on a thumbdrive and showing them how to submit jobs and get
results. Hearing someone saying "well, we just use PuTTY" brings home
quite how much people take for granted things which work without
hassle.)