[Xapian-discuss] Two questions

Sam Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Sun May 1 06:10:43 BST 2005

roki roki wrote:

>Hi there,
>I have implemented  Xapian with success on two millions html documents and
>work very very good! Thanks for this nice software!
>
>Results are almost alwayse returned in less then 1 second but when I use
>set_collapse_key (I really need this)  searches can take up to 10 secondes.
>Is there any way to speed up this?

Because you are collapsing multiple matching documents into 1 hit,
xapian has to find more documents to get the same number of hits.

If you are using omega you could try reducing MIN_HITS (may be called
MINHITS now) which reduces how many results xapian tries to find, but of
course also reduces the accuracy of how many hits xapian thinks there
might be.

>Is it possible to get list of most used words in database?

I'll let someone else answer this.

Sam