[Xapian-discuss] Two questions

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon May 2 23:29:21 BST 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:16:17PM +0200, roki roki wrote:
> I am using Xapian through Perl module so option MINHITS is not available
> there and in the Perl module is parameter checkatleast not implemented.
>
> Can I change this directly in enquire.h and recompile it? I need to get
> first 500 grouped results, what would be a correct parameter?

While checkatleast is indeed what Omega's MINHITS maps to, it's a red
herring here.  If not checkatleast is not specified, the default is not
to check any more hits than we have to.

I suspect the problem is that set_collapse_key is inherently expensive to
process for the situation you have (or at least the current
implementation is).  But you've not said much at all about what sort of
queries you're running, so it's rather hard to offer much further
comment.

The values returned by get_matches_lower_bound(), get_matches_estimated(),
and get_matches_upper_bound() might also be helpful.