[Xapian-discuss] xapian indexing size?

John Paige paige.john at gmail.com
Thu May 5 18:39:20 BST 2005

Hi,
   I am evaluating to use xapian in our product. I just downloaded the
core and examples code from the website.
I'm puzzeled about one thing though,  when I used the test program
"simpleIndexer", I found out that the index size is four times the
size of the corpus. I indexed 4MB worth of text files, and the index
was 16MB to index, and even after compaction, it still consumed 10MB.
when I added additional 4MB of text files, the original index went to 32MB.

The index size is four times the size of the corpus, it doesn't seem
right. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
John