[Xapian-discuss] Field-item in AND-query yields more, instead of less results

Arjen van der Meijden acmmailing at tweakers.net
Tue May 10 11:51:04 BST 2005

With yesterday's snapshot I noticed that it doesn't handle title:(word
word) at all. This is the same for the 0.8.5-parser:

P="internet explorer title:(http www)" DEFAULTOP=AND yields in both
cases this query:

Xapian::Query((internet:(pos=1) AND explorer:(pos=2) AND titl:(pos=3)
AND http:(pos=4) AND www:(pos=5)))

While P="internet explorer title:http title:www" DEFAULTOP=AND yields
the expected:

Xapian::Query((internet:(pos=1) AND explorer:(pos=2) AND XChttp:(pos=3)
AND XCwww:(pos=4)))

The default operator is not of any influence on this issue.

Best regards,

Arjen