[Xapian-discuss] document weight

Sabrina Shen hm2shen at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 04:34:11 BST 2005

(1) From documentation I know Xapian employs BM25 to estimate weights of query
terms and documents.  But how does it ensure that the final weight for a record
scales from 0 to 1?  It seems to me that Xapian::BM25Weight::get_sumpart could
become larger than 1? Did I misunderstand anything?

(2) Also for a quick search with "class OR list", I thought I would get the
following three records the same weight "100%". But I was wrong. What can be the
factors influencing this?

thanks,

Sabrina

	Xapian: Full source documentation: xapian-core: Class List
Main Page | Namespace List | Class Hierarchy | Alphabetical List | Class List |
File List | Namespace Members | Class Members | File Members | Related Pages
xapian-core Class List Here are the classes, structs, unions and interfaces with
brief descriptions: ...
/docs/sourcedoc/html/annotated.html
100% relevant, matching: class and list

	Xapian: API documentation: xapian-core: Xapian Namespace Reference
Main Page | Namespace List | Class Hierarchy | Alphabetical List | Class List |
File List | Namespace Members | Class Members | File Members The Xapian library
lives in the Xapian namespace. More... Classes class   Xapian::Database   This
class is used to...
/docs/apidoc/html/namespaceXapian.html
99% relevant, matching: class and list

	Xapian: Full source documentation: xapian-core: Xapian Namespace Reference
Main Page | Namespace List | Class Hierarchy | Alphabetical List | Class List |
File List | Namespace Members | Class Members | File Members | Related Pages The
Xapian library lives in the Xapian namespace. More... Classes class
Xapian::ByQueryIndexCmp ...
/docs/sourcedoc/html/namespaceXapian.html
99% relevant, matching: class and list