[Xapian-discuss] crash in PHP4 examples

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 8 17:04:55 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 04:45:56PM +0000, David Heath wrote:
> I have been experimenting with simpleindex.php in the php4 examples.

Which Xapian version?  What platform?

> However, the command seems to crash on exit:
>
> $ php simpleindex.php h < simpleindex.php
> Segmentation fault

Does "make check" in the php4 subdirectory also fail?

> I ran it through gdb to get a stack trace (see below). It looks to me as
> if the WritableDatabase may be getting deleted twice. Can this be fixed,
> or alternatively is there any work around?
>
> I'd have a look at it myself but I don't really know where to start (and
> my C/C++ is very basic).

The latest SWIG has major updates to support for PHP, so it doesn't
really make sense to try to track this problem down in the old generated
code.

The snapshots are currently being generated with the old version of
SWIG.  I'll change them to use the latest SWIG (which needs doing before
the next release anyway) and then get you to see if this still happens
with the latest SWIG.