[Xapian-discuss] distinct search

jpowers (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Tue Nov 15 15:05:53 GMT 2005

Hello,  I have done a search for this issue, but I didnt really see an answer.

if i want to store things in a hierarchy, but i want items to be in multiple categories at any level.   i'd like to be able to search for an item and only show it once, but maybe (not required) show what categories the results are in.    but if i look in a category (search on that category) then i want to see that item there obviously only the once that it is there.

so i've got the hierarchy part..but its getting items to be in multiple categories.   i can put them there as duplicate entries of that itemNumber, however when i search i dont want to get back the 7 times that one item is used..  i dont mind if its in 7 categories and they each show one usage, but i'd like for my total hit count to reflect just that this item exists once...   i could iterate through the whole Hits list and put them into a unique result list, but i'd like lucene to do that for me.    any way to do that?   custom filter?    i've looked at the query language..i didnt see a "distinct" clause...

any help is greatly appreciated.
--
Sent from the Xapian - Discuss forum at Nabble.com:
http://www.nabble.com/distinct-search-t556714.html#a1494712