[Xapian-discuss] Using flint backend

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 29 23:20:03 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:39:49PM -0600, Tony Lambiris wrote:
> If i've been reading correct, all I have to do is add:
>
> XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT="true"
>
> to the top of this script, and any new databases that are built using
> omindex will be using the flint backend, is this correct?

Any non-empty value works.

But you'll also need to "export XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT" so that the shell
passes the value to subprocesses.

Alternatively you can explicitly write the call to omindex like so:

XAPIAN_PREFER_FLINT=1 /usr/local/bin/omindex [...]

Then the variable is only set for omindex and you don't need to use
export.