[Xapian-discuss] Unicode and complex queries from Python

Amir Bakhtiar amir at divmod.com
Fri Sep 23 15:58:06 BST 2005

I understand that the current QueryParser is not unicode aware so I am trying to build my own queries by stringing together various Queries with OP_*. It seems that for anything complex, such as a three word phrase, I need to call Query with begin and end iterators. I am not sure how to do this? (As a hack I think I can create a document with 3 words and get its TermIterator, but that seems circuitous.) It would be great if functions such as this would take a Python list or iterator or Term or Query objects.

Any thoughts on when the unicode-aware QueryParser will be available?

-A-