[Xapian-discuss] Confusion..

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Sep 26 16:35:34 BST 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 04:21:33PM +0100, John Wards wrote:
> If I search for in my database for "Jordan McRae"
>
> http://www.newsasithappens.co.uk/search.php?search=Jordan+McRae

Hmm, your site tried to set a cookie for reporting.tvlicensing.co.uk.
Let me fetch my tinfoil hat...

> I get back the sample story I am looking for.."Jordan battles McRae at
> Brands."
>
> However if I search for just "Jordan"
>
> http://www.newsasithappens.co.uk/search.php?search=Jordan

It's the first hit on the true second page (the paging links appear
to be being misgenerated - the "2" links to "next=40" which I'd
assume is really page 3 given there's 20 results per page):

http://www.newsasithappens.co.uk/search.php?search=McRae&next=20

> I don't...also if I search for just "McRae"
>
> http://www.newsasithappens.co.uk/search.php?search=McRae

It's the first hit on the second page (again there's no link for page 2
- you have to create it manually):

http://www.newsasithappens.co.uk/search.php?search=McRae&next=20

> I am no doubt missing some information to give you so shout up...I am
> confused!

I think you need to fix your page link generating code!