[Xapian-discuss] Another PHP 5 wrapper...

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Apr 17 11:27:05 BST 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:14:30AM +0100, Sam Liddicott wrote:
> [for some reason reply-to-all missed Olly's address - weird - I had to
> add it by hand - maybe it was the "Sender" header]

That was because I asked not to get a personal copy and your mailer
understood me:

Mutt can add this automatically if you tell it which addresses are
mailing lists you're subscribed to.  Not all MUAs understand it though.

> I'm wondering why swig_coerce_param couldn't be done in the generated C
> code that coerces all the other parameters into string and integer
> types.

Mostly because Paul had already written that code in PHP and so it was
easiest to reuse it.  The latest version of my patch only calls
swig_coerce_param if there's a wrapped class in the parameter list
for the function/method (or some overloaded version of it) so most
methods don't incur any extra overhead.

It's also nice that we can automatically do it recursively in PHP -
this means that the typemap for constructing a Query from a PHP
array of Query objects just works without having to rewrite it.