[Xapian-discuss] Multiple simultaneous WritableDatabases?

Paul Legato plegato at nks.net
Fri Apr 28 02:21:28 BST 2006

Hi Xapian users,

Is there any way that one can write to more than one database at the
same time in parallel? I'd like to keep a redundant backup copy of my index.

If I can't write directly to multiple databases simultaneously, I'm
thinking of rsync'ing the database directory to multiple backup servers
(which could also serve as read-only slave replicators). Are there any
caveats involved with copying a live database around while some process
may still be potentially writing to it? Is it necessary to pause the
writing processes before copying, or to lock the database in some way?

Best,
Paul

--    Paul Legato, Senior Software Engineer     --
---       Networked Knowledge Systems          ---
----   P.O. Box 20772 Tampa, FL. 33622-0772   ----
----- (813)594-0064 Voice  (813)594-0045 FAX -----
------           plegato at nks.net            ------