[Xapian-discuss] xapian vs lucene.net

Oscar Usifer oscaruser at programmer.net
Wed Aug 30 21:16:20 BST 2006

Folks,

We too were looking down the roads of adopting either Lucene, Xapian or Swish-e. At certain points during the architectural phase a good thorough comparison would have/still is worth MUCH, and some technical papers do exist from research universities (e.g. http://www.cdlib.org/inside/projects/xtf/Search_Engine_Comparison.pdf). I have not spent a lot of time looking for papers from Symposium Proceedings, Technical Journals, etc, so perhaps others can contribute/comment -- and boy is this an annual event on respective project lists(!)? Otherwise I see that then entire transcript of the flame-exchange was not posted, but would be very amused to read it (naturally off the list) :-) :-)

Thanks,
-OSC