[Xapian-discuss] Xapian JNI questions

Eric B. Ridge ebr at tcdi.com
Mon Dec 11 20:28:04 GMT 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Alex Kushkuley wrote:

> Yes. I tried
>
>  ctorid = env->GetMethodID(documentclass, "<init>", "(J)V");
>
> in opertor()  function of JavaMatchDecider in  java/native/Enquire.cc
>
> and that worked!

Unless I misunderstand what you changed, that's not the RightThing to
do here.  Calling the void ctor for Document will create a new, empty
Document object, which severely limits your MatchDecider's ability to
make decisions!

Per my other post, I think the proper fix is to simply make
Document.<init>(long id) public.

eric