[Xapian-discuss] php bindings not working in the browser

Jamie D jam5t3r.lists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 21:23:47 GMT 2006

Hi Olly,

I have found the problem and now have Xapian working. I think this
should go in the xapian-bindings install docs somewhere.

The php xapian-bindings will only work through apache, possibly any
other web server, if php is compiled without --enable-versioning. If
you do enable this it will only work through the CLI and cause you
days of hair pulling trying to figure out why on earth its not
working.

Now I can get on with actually writing my application at last :)

Cheers,
Jamie