[Xapian-discuss] Using multiple remote databases

Sebastian cbimax at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 03:09:15 GMT 2006

2006/12/19, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com>:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 08:40:42AM -0300, Sebastian wrote:
> >  I'm wondering if using a remote database scheme, the only way I have
> > to access multiple databases in one host, is opening a server port for
> > every one, and then issuing:

  Thanks for your answer Olly! It's an honor to meet you.

> You can create a "stub database" on the remote side which lists all the
> databases you wish to access together, and point a single xapian-tcpsrv
> at the stub database.

  That's fine. But I express myself the wrong way... suppose I have
three databases per country, like these paths, in one remote server:

  /var/lib/xapian
  |_ ar
  |   |_ operation
  |   |_ hs-tariff
  |   |_ regulation
  |_ uy
      |_ operation
      |_ hs-tariff
      |_ regulation

  and I need to search database ar/operation (to scavage an import or
export movement). Is it possible to achieve this with a stub file? Can
you give an example? I can't figure out how to pass the server
pathname to the Xapian::Enquire

  Really appreciate your help.

Sebastian