[Xapian-discuss] Searching in different fields

Jim k4gvo at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 27 13:27:34 GMT 2006

In general, you preface the term with the field:

For instance

subject:fishing would search a field called "subject" for the term
"fish" if you have stemming turned on.  It can be combined with other
fields and/or the body.

For instance:

subject:fishing AND author:John AND boats

Would look for a subject containg fish, in documents authored by John
where the main body contained boat.

Jim.