[Xapian-discuss] QueryParser frustration!

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Feb 3 05:40:03 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 09:15:25AM -0500, jarrod roberson wrote:
> d647d4a0-57c0-11da-be78-080020b7eac9 is the complete term, UID: is the
> prefix, I want to search for, how can I get it to stop splitting on
> non-alphanumeric characters?

Currently you can't.  The QueryParser ought to be more configurable in
this regard, but at present it still assumes you're indexing like Omega
does in various ways (originally it was part of Omega).

A crude workaround for now might be to remove UID:... from the query
which you pass to QueryParser (using a regexp say), and then add it
back onto the result by hand using OP_FILTER.