[Xapian-discuss] Xapian 0.9.3 released

gervin23 gervin23 at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 16 09:26:39 GMT 2006

hello olly,

i'm getting a halt during ./configure within xapian-bindings with the
error that libxapian.la can't be found ('xapian-config --ltlibs
--cxxflags'). i'm not quite up to speed on bash scripting yet but i
think it has something to do with the ${exec_prefix} variable not being
defined in xapian-config. note, this is on gentoo so the libs default to
/usr/local/lib. i think the errors would've gone unnoticed had i
originally specified '--exec-prefix=/usr' in xapian-core. also, i was
sure to run 'env-update' (aka ldconfig) post xapian-core install. only
after editing xapian-config by replacing all instances of
'${exec_prefix}/lib' with '/usr/local/lib' was i able to complete the
install successfully.

hopefully this is enough but let me know if you need any more info...

thanks,
andrew