[Xapian-discuss] indexing and queryparsing: UTF-8 and PHP

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Feb 27 16:35:42 GMT 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 11:47:23AM +0100, Thomas Deniau wrote:
> My mistake - I thought that $field{modtime} was automatically populated

It probably should be.  We did talk about adding it here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.devel/442

The conclusion seemed to be to put it in a value so it was available for
sorting too (rather than a field), but that hasn't been done.

> By the way, is there a way to look up a specific term from omegascript?
> Something like $term{D} to get the mod date...

Provided there's only one D term (as in omindex generated databases),
you could use:

$list{$map{$allterms{$id},$if{$eq{$slice{$split{,$_},0},D},$_}},}

I've just tested that, and it actually works (first time too!)  But it'd
be better if $allterms optionally allowed you to restrict to a
particular term prefix.