[Xapian-discuss] Debian Package Installation

Jim Lynch jim at fayettedigital.com
Thu Jan 5 14:16:07 GMT 2006

I use checkinstall to take source packages, xxx.tar.gz, and generate RPM
or DEB from them.  It doesn't do any prerequsites or dependency
handling, I don't think, but it gives me a way to uninstall if need be
and a DEB or RPM to use on other systems if necessary.  To use it you do
the config, make and install steps, then run checkinstall.  It does
another install and senses the files that were installed and builds a
binary RPM from that.

Just another tool in the box.

Jim.