[Xapian-discuss] Re: Scriptindex Question

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 12 16:35:58 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 06:19:43PM -0500, Ryan Mahoney wrote:
> I'm using omega, and I use the following indexor
> - - - - -
> document_id : field=ref unique=Q boolean=Q
> search_id : field=document_id index=S
> document_title : field=title weight=2 unhtml index
> landing_page : field=landing_page
> document_text : field=document_text unhtml index
> abstract: field=abstract
> category : field=category index=A
> - - - - -
>
> If I do the following command line statement:
> /www/servers/util/omega/omega 'P=paraprofessional' B=A22 HITSPERPAGE=10
> FMT=xml
>
> It works great, gives me the top ten results for paraprofessionals in
> category 22.
>
> But if I try to search for a specific document with this statement:
> /www/servers/util/omega/omega 'P=paraprofessional' B=S100 HITSPERPAGE=1
> FMT=xml
>
> I get nothing back!  I want to pull out this one record so I can display
> all the data with highlighting on another page.

I'd expect what you have to work, assuming that the dump file you're
feeding into scriptindex have searchid=100 for that record.

I'm a bit puzzled as to the difference between document_id and search_id
though.  Perhaps you want to be using B=Q100 in the second case?

You can see what's actually indexing each document in the database using
delve (it's one of the examples in xapian-core).  To list the terms
indexing document 27 in database "/path/to/database" use:

delve -r 27 /path/to/database