[Xapian-discuss] Trying to get omegascript configured to support multiple dbs

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 13 16:52:29 GMT 2006

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:32:18AM -0500, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Perhaps, but here is the url generated when I check only the test DB
> selection:
>
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/omega?P=yifan+ram&DB=tst.db&DEFAULTOP=or&DB=tst.db%2Fdefault&FMT=query&xP=yifan.ram.&xDB=tst.db%2Fdefault&xFILTERS=--O
> Something in there is doing something strange.  There are two DB
> parameters and they both list both DBs.

No, you have two DB different parameters, and one xDB parameter:

DB=tst.db
DB=tst.db/default
xDB=tst.db/default

The xDB is used to record what the previous database search was - if the
user switches database we want to reset the results to page 1 and clear
any relevance feedback judgements, and this is how we track that.

It's very hard to know from the information given, but my guess is that
you've not removed this line from the default query template:

$if{$dbname,<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=DB VALUE="$html{$dbname}">}

So that would setting DB to the value from the previous search, and
you're also setting it from the checkboxes.  But I could be way off.