[Xapian-discuss] problem accessing an index

Salem Berhanu salemb4 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:43:38 GMT 2006

I have had two kinds of problems accessing an index and I think they are
somehow related.

1) When I try to use quartzompact on an index it stops with the following:

"termlist ...quartzcompact: The revision being read has been discarded - you
should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation"

2) When I try to query an index it stops midway with

"terminate called after throwing an instance of
'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
Aborted"

These are not necessarily the same dbs. Any ideas on how to get around these
issues.
Thanks
Salem