[Xapian-discuss] issues with accessing an index

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Jan 24 18:12:31 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 05:59:42PM +0000, Salem Berhanu wrote:

> 1) When I try to use quartzompact on a database it stops with the following:
>
> "termlist ...quartzcompact: The revision being read has been discarded - you
> should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation"

You're indexing into the database while trying to run quartzcompact on
it.

> 2) When I try to query another database it stops midway with
>
> "terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'Xapian::DatabaseModifiedError'
> Aborted"

You're indexing into the database quite aggressively while running
queries against it.

There are a couple of solutions, one being to index to one db then
copy to the one you index (perhaps via a quartzcompact mechanism).

In the future, flint (I believe) will get round this problem more
neatly.