[Xapian-discuss] time bias/sorting

Joss Shaw jossblowing at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 10:20:11 BST 2006

Hi all !!   Am I right in thinking that Xapian has some nascant interface for sorting or biasing results by a Unix timestamp value stored in a document ?  I've been through the documentation but I can't seem to confirm this.  I see in a previous email to this list that you can add three terms with the prefixes "D", "M" and "Y" - but I'm not sure if these actually help sort/bias results.  Is there a fourth prefix which allows me to store a timestamp ?  I've also discovered $enq->set_bias(); but I'm not entirely clear on its options.  In some sample code I see set_bias(0, 86400);  I guess 86400 is 24 hours in seconds, but what exactly does it do ?

Anything you can help me with would be very kind, I'd be happy to update the wiki with any additional "idiots guide" stuff I learn !

best,
joss