How to install Rev 7142? (was Re: New remote backend (was Re: [Xapian-discuss] Remote databases slower than local?))

oscaruser at programmer.net oscaruser at programmer.net
Wed Jul 19 18:50:41 BST 2006

Folks,

Wanted to build xapian-core-0.9.6_svn7143.tar.gz and install it in the same directories as the .deb package installs. Based on ./configure --help, shows I can specify install target using --PREFIX switch. What should I set it so that it installs similar to how the apt package system installs? I guess first I need to "apt-get remove libxapian11 xapian-omega xapian-tools"? Is the default /usr/local install point the way to go? Also based on only needing packages libxapian11, xapian-omega, xapian-tools, and remote query capability it seems I only need to install :

omega-0.9.6_svn7143
xapian-core-0.9.6_svn7143
xapian-queryserver-0.8.4_svn7143

Thanks