[Xapian-discuss] Error msg xapian-compact: The revision being read has been discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation

oscaruser at programmer.net oscaruser at programmer.net
Wed Jun 7 23:40:33 BST 2006

Folks,

While running xapian-compact across a number of flint indicies, I receive the following error message. There are no other clients attempting to read or write the databases than xapian-compact. It could be that I killed the scriptindex process while a flint index was being updated, which may have caused corruption. Is there a way to repair the index in that case? Are there other reasons why this could have happened? Is there a way to validate the integrity of an index?

Thanks,
OSC

gamma:/svr/hda1/gigablast/ppa-index3# /home/oscar/xapian/bin/xapian-compact -F -m /svr/hda1/omega/data/bsp*/default /svr/hda1/xapian/default
postlist: Reduced by 62.0901% 693328K (1116648K -> 423320K)
record .../home/oscar/xapian/bin/xapian-compact: The revision being read has been discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation
gamma:/svr/hda1/gigablast/ppa-index3#