[Xapian-discuss] xapian-compact seg faulting & Re: [Xapian-discuss] Error msg xapian-compact: The revision being read has been discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 14 01:13:08 BST 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 10:38:53AM -0800, oscaruser at programmer.net wrote:
> I am fairly confident that these issues are related to killing the
> scriptindex process ungracefully causing blocks that were queued for
> writing to disk to not get written.

The update order is carefully designed such that if the blocks aren't
written, the new version doesn't go live and we stick with the old one.

So I'm doubtful of this explanation.  If you think I'm wrong, see if
you can repeat the problem by interrupting an update...

You didn't answer my question about whether this is a one-off incident
or whether it happens if you run the system again from scratch.