[Xapian-discuss] AssertParanoid() failure in MultiMatch::getorrecalc_maxweight()

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Jun 14 19:39:47 BST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:22:38PM -0400, Rocco Caputo wrote:
> While tracking down the stack smash (still working on that), I came
> across a failed AssertParanoid() in MultiMatch::getorrecalc_maxweight
> ().  I don't know how the post list is being modified without also
> making recalc_w_max true.

Bit of a long-shot, but is this with the remote backend?  I noticed
recently that MSetPostList doesn't seem quite right in 0.9.6 (it will
overreport the current maxweight sometimes in a way which is harmless to
the correctness of the results, but may hinder early termination).

Otherwise, is the code which produces this in a state where you could
sensibly send it to me?