[Xapian-discuss] Debian and Ubuntu binary packages for amd64

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jun 27 01:31:33 BST 2006

I've now uploaded Debian and Ubuntu packages for amd64.  These cover
Debian sarge, Debian testing/unstable, Ubuntu breezy, and Ubuntu dapper.

Debian unstable has undergone a python packaging policy change, and to
conform with this the python bindings are now all in a single package
(python-xapian).  To keep the packaging scripts sane, I've made the
same change to the python packages for Debian stable and for Ubuntu.

I'm wondering about dropping support for Ubuntu breezy shortly, since
dapper has been out for a month now and is a "long term support" release.
The packages would continue to be buildable from source on breezy for
some time to come (at least until the next Ubuntu release, which I think
will be in October).

Is there anybody who's still using the breezy packages and is not
planning to migrate to dapper in the near future?

Building the binary packages 8 times over takes rather a long time, so
it would be nice to cut the work by 25% if nobody is really using the
breezy packages any more.