[Xapian-discuss] xapian-compact seg faulting & Re: [Xapian-discuss] Error msg xapian-compact: The revision being read has been discarded - you should call Xapian::Database::reopen() and retry the operation

oscaruser at programmer.net oscaruser at programmer.net
Tue Jun 27 19:17:15 BST 2006

Olly,

I attempted to check these values (p, cd,& l), but found that the gdb reported 'no value in current context' which was odd because the stack frame is supposed to be able to access and report its value. I copied the source html files to another machine, with a debian apt-get install of the Xapian binaries, and the indecies built just fine. This seems to imply that my software environment set up of Xapian is majorily busted on my host 'gamma'. It could be that the binary libraries dynamically linking are incompatible. Obviously I'll need to do more investigative work to pin point where the faulty code is, but for the time being this work around is acceptable.

Thanks,
OSC