[Xapian-discuss] Working Demo for WWW Search Engine

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Mar 1 16:47:17 GMT 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 07:41:40AM -0800, Kevin SoftDev wrote:
> It works except the city is spelled praha, prague is the english version
> http://nitra.net/cgi-bin/hladaj.cgi?a=q&q=praha

Yeah, I'm aware that's the anglicised spelling - it was just the first
thing that came into my head to search for.  The bug I was pointing out
was the content-type, not the lack of results.

> One bug is still there that it works only with one term based on the
> Perl demo script that came with Xapian. As soon as user type two terms
> nothing come up. I am not sure if this is bug of Perl API or is mine.
> [...]
> --- two terms is called like this?
> my $enq = $db->enquire( 'Praha Hrad' );

No, that produces a one term query with a space in.  Try this:

my $qp = Search::Xapian::QueryParser->new();
# Set any options you want on $qp...
my $enq = $db->enquire($qp->parse_query('Praha Hrad'));