[Xapian-discuss] php bindings

durga bidaye doubtfire40008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 13:32:35 GMT 2006

helo

i m not concerned with readin input frm a form actually. wat i dnt
understand in that example is that, nowhere are they "connectin" to a
database. i mean no commands fr connectin to the quartz DB( like we have
mysql_connect () to connect to a mysql DB). Is it because quartz is not a
proper kinda DB? Anyways does the absence of such a connecting statement
mean that there is no need to explicitly connect to the quartz DB thru the
server? and does it mean i cant just tweak the code a bit( for collectin
data frm form input fields) n use it fr searchin(simplesearch.php) right
away?

thanks.