[Xapian-discuss] set_sort_by_value change

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 16 08:19:23 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 07:17:23AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> I can believe this could be a problem caused by the changes in SWIG
> which added support for wrapping overloaded functions and optional
> parameters in PHP, but I can't actually reproduce your problem.
>
> Can you post a snippet of code (or better still a really short script)
> which shows the problem?  How does it not work, is there an error?

Ah, I see what happens.  If you pass TRUE or FALSE, the method call
fails to resolve the overload and instead just does nothing.  How useless!

Anyway, I've just checked in code to fix the incorrect overload at
least.  I'll look at the lack of error handling.

A good workaround for now is to pass 0 instead of FALSE and 1 instead of
TRUE.