[Xapian-discuss] Installing Omega on Ubuntu

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:42:31 GMT 2006

On the lines of python-xapian, if you want a simple starting point,
check the example search/index for the bindings.  You also might be
interested in taking a look at some code I wrote that does search
indexing/querying/result context in python.  It's a part of Sycamore,
which is a wiki written in python (not yet 'released', but you can
check out the current code)
http://daviswiki.org/repos/trunk/Sycamore/search.py that's the simple
search/index, and
http://daviswiki.org/repos/trunk/Sycamore/wikiaction.py has a function
do_search as well as print_context.  I thought about spinning this
stuff off as a somewhat independent module for people who want to have
simple python-based indexing/searching - maybe you'd like to help on
that front?

I'm not entirely sure what omega does as I've only used it briefly.
Does it crawl?  If so, you'd have to write a crawler.  What are you
needs?  Is the site dynamic?

All the best,
Philip Neustrom