[Xapian-discuss] php bindings

durga bidaye doubtfire40008 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 12:50:46 GMT 2006

Hey Olly

I think i had indeed copied xapian.so by hand frm somwhere..tho i dnt
remember frm where. n that means the problem is not with finding the shared
library. the problem is with installin xapian bindings. i reinstalled xapian
bindings n on goin to folder /usr/lib/php4/20050606/ i saw that there was no
xapian.so in it.

So then,i saved xapian-bindings in folder: xapian-core

and installed using just the folowing commands.

./configure
make
make install

but found that xapian.so was not present in /usr/lib/php4/20050606

then i went thru the installation doc n found that we had to pass the path
to xapian-config to ./configure

hence i did the following

./configure XAPIAN_CONFIG=/home/jana/xapian-core-0.9.4/

but at the end of configure i got following error:

checking for xapian-config... /home/jana/xapian-core-0.9.4/
checking /home/jana/xapian-core-0.9.4/ works... configure: error:
`/home/jana/xapian-core-0.9.4/ --ltlibs --cxxflags' doesn't work, aborting

Still i went ahead, n did make as well as make install.

but again found that xapian.so was not present in /usr/lib/php4/20050606/

Now why isnt xapian-bindings gettin installed?

doubtfire40008 at gmail.com